“When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,” said Piglet at last, “what’s the first thing you say to yourself?”
“What’s for breakfast?” said Pooh. “What do you say, Piglet?”
“I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?” said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully. “It’s the same thing,” he said.”
― A.A. Milne
So, weekend’s here and I finally get some me time from the busy college schedule. And for me, weekend means pancakes 😀
Now, I’ve made English Pancakes a couple of times, So I thought why not try the American Pancakes? After all they do look delicious!
So here’s the recipe for the American Pancakes 😀
PREP+COOK TIME 20 MINUTES
135g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp caster sugar
130 ml milk
1 large egg
2 tbsp melted butter + extra for cooking
TO SERVE :
Maple Syrup or Honey
1. In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk milk and eggs together. Then whisk in the melted butter.
2. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Beat the mixture until all the lumps disappear and a smooth batter is achieved.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. When it’s melted, add a ladle of batter.
4. Cook until bubbles start to form. Then, flip the pancake over and cook the other side until golden.
5. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
And voila! Your breakfast is ready!
P.S. My next blog post is a recipe of Butterscotch Filled Cupcakes 😛
Until next time..
” The secret ingredient is always love ❤ “
Love you all ❤