I had some leftover pears from the Upside Down Pear And Pistachio Cake I baked yesterday, so I thought why not make poached pears 😀
Poached pears are something you can make for any occasion. They look classy, elegant, and they taste damn good😋 They are easy to make and the ingredients are easily available.
Now most poached pear recipes involve wine, but I cooked my poached pears without wine.
So here’s the recipe. Enjoy!
HONEY AND SPICED POACHED PEARS
2 ripe yet firm pears
2 cups water
1/6 cup honey
1/6 cup sugar
2-inch piece of fresh ginger, sliced
1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
1/2 star anise
1/2 cinnamon stick
1. Peal the pears and cut them in half vertically, leaving the stems intact. Core each pear by scooping out the centre with a melon scooper.
2. Add the water, sugar, and honey to a saucepan and bring it to boil over a high heat. Stir until the sugar and honey are dissolved. Then, add the ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and star anise.
3. Slip the pears in the liquid and turn the heat down. Cover and cook for about 20-30 minutes. To check if the pears are cooked, gently pierce them a little with a fork or a knife.
4. Transfer the pears and the liquid to a small container, cover and refrigerate overnight. You can also eat the pears immediately. I, of course ate them immediately because I couldn’t resist 😛
5. And voila! Drain and serve the pears with the liquid and devour them😋
I had fun cooking this. You guys should definitely try this out:D
” No one is born a great cook, one learns by doing”
Love you all ❤
Au revoir ❤